Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 Charity of the Year
The Bike Project
#ride4refugees on 16 August
Ride a bike, provide a bike
Ride for The Bike Project this August and we'll be able to give hundreds of refugees a bike of their own.
Bikes are brilliant. We all know that. But in the hands of a refugee, a bike becomes a freedom machine, helping them access essential services such as food banks, schools and colleges, healthcare clinics and legal advice centres.
Over the past six years, we've given free refurbished bikes to over 6,000 refugees in the UK, helping them each save up to £1,000 a year in transport costs. That's a real life-saver: refugees aren't allowed to work and are given only £5.39 a day to survive on.
Having a bike can mean a young refugee doesn't have to choose between eating a square meal and catching the bus to go to college.
We've got more than 800 refugees on our waiting list and you can help us provide them all with bikes - simply by riding and fundraising on the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 this year.
Ride a bike. Provide a bike.
RideLondon-Surrey 46: From commuter to badass
The 46-mile ride on the closed streets of London and Surrey is the perfect chance to promote your cycling from commuter-level to badass-Lycra-level.
Registering to ride for The Bike Project costs only £25 (free for groups of four or more!) and we ask that you raise at least £275. That’s enough for us to donate three professionally serviced bikes to a refugee family of two adults and a child.
We give all our riders tonnes of love and support from the moment you sign up right the way through to your glorious finish (and the after party!)
- 20% discount at our wonderful shop for bikes, accessories, merchandise and workshop services.
- Access to a training program designed by double gold medal-winning Olympian cyclist Joanna Rowsell.
- Invitation to a group training ride.
- Access to our post-event party space which will include refreshments and miscellaneous bike fun.
- Free The Bike Project cycling jersey (after you hit 50% of your target) and one of our snazzy T-shirts. Wear it with pride!
- Fundraising pack, including a fundraising guide and ideas to help you raise money.
- Help and support from our dedicated fundraising team.
- Access to a WhatsApp group for all our charity place cyclists – a great way to meet your fellow riders, organise training and share tips.
- Fundraising Challenge Awards for highest amount fundraised and most creative fundraising idea.
Groups of four or more also get free registration (saving £25 each), plus 50% off bike services at our workshop AND a bonus training ride together. Worth finding pals!
If this sounds right up your alley, then snaffle up one of our limited charity places at the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46.