We hope you have a great time during the Prudential RideLondon weekend. Please always remember the following when you’re out on your bike in London:
- Pay attention to what's going on around you and what other road users might do.
- Make eye contact with drivers so you are sure they have seen you.
- Wear bright clothing in the day and reflective clothing or accessories at night.
- Use lights after dark – white at the front and red at the rear. You may be fined £30 if you don't have them.
- Always stay back behind lorries and other large vehicles as they have blind spots and may not always be able to see you.
- Always stop at red lights. You risk a £30 fine if you don’t.
- Use appropriate hand signals when making a left or right turn.
- Consider wearing a helmet.
- Free or subsidised cycle training , including commuter skills, is available for adults and children in most London boroughs.