- Is the online volunteer recruitment system live yet?
Yes, you can now sign up as an individual or as part of a group – find out more
- Can I be a Veloteer on both Saturday and Sunday?
Yes, we’d love to welcome you onto the team for both days.
- What kit will I receive as a Veloteer?
Everyone will receive a Veloteer T-shirt and a baseball cap. If your roles requires specific kit (yellow flag, hi-vis, whistle etc.) this will also be provided.
- Is there a minimum age to be a Veloteer?
Yes, the minimum age to volunteer on the Pedestrian Crossing Point Team or Yellow Flag Team is 18. The minimum age for those volunteering in other roles is 16.
- Do I need to attend a Veloteer training session?
Yes, we ask that you attend one training session in the week commencing Monday 10 July to ensure that you are well prepared to deliver your role on event day. Training dates can be found within the ‘Information’ section of your account.
- When will I collect my Veloteer kit?
You will be able to collect your kit at the Veloteer training session in July.
- It is not possible for me to attend any of the training dates, can I still join the team?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with a member of our team and we will be able to advise.
- Do I need any specific experience to join the team?
No, it would be advantageous to have some previous experience for the pedestrian crossing point and yellow flag marshal roles but training will be provided. What matters is that you bring enthusiasm, a passion for the event and a positive attitude when dealing with the public.
- What are the travel arrangements for volunteers?
You are responsible for getting to your meeting point on time and for covering your travel expenses. We recommend that you volunteer for a role in a location that is local to you. Please check travel arrangements well in advance as there will be disruption to public services and roads along the route.
- Are refreshments provided for Veloteers during the event?
A packed lunch will be provided on the day. We recommend you bring extra snacks and drinks to have during your shift as a number of the roles require a full day's commitment and you will need plenty of energy to keep you going throughout the day.
- Will I be reimbursed for any expenses on the day, such as fuel costs or parking?
Unfortunately we cannot reimburse expenses so you will need to cover the cost of any expenses you incur on the day or for training. We recommend that you volunteer for a role in a location that is local to you in order to reduce costs.
- How will I know where to meet and who to meet on event day?
All of this detail will be provided in advance of the event at the training sessions and will also be confirmed to you in writing.
- I want to volunteer but there are no roles available in the location I would like to volunteer in. What do I do?
All of the roles currently available to sign up for are shown on the sign up pages of the website. If you cannot see a certain a role or location it means that we are not currently recruiting in this area. We would still love to have you on the team, so perhaps consider volunteering in a different location or role.
- What happens if I am ill or cannot attend on the day?
We ask that you contact us as soon as possible if you cannot attend on the day, either by contacting your supervisor – who you will meet at the training session – or by emailing email@example.com
If you have a question that is not answered on this page then please email firstname.lastname@example.org