- Q. Is there a minimum age to volunteer?
A. The minimum age to volunteer as a pedestrian crossing point or yellow flag marshal is 18. The minimum age for those volunteering in other roles is 16.
- Q. Do I need any specific experience in volunteering or marshalling to take part?
A. It would be advantageous to have some previous experience for the pedestrian crossing point and yellow flag roles but training will be provided. What matters is that you bring a passion for volunteering and a positive attitude when dealing with the public.
- Q. What happens if I am ill or cannot attend on the day?
A. We ask that you contact us as soon as possible if you cannot attend on the day, either by contacting your supervisor – who you will meet at the training session – or by emailing email@example.com
- Q. What are the travel arrangements for volunteers?
A. You are responsible for getting to your meeting point and for your travel expenses. We recommend that you volunteer for a role in a location that is local to you. Please check travel arrangements well in advance as there will be disruption to public services and roads along the route.
- Q. Are refreshments provided for volunteers during the event?
A. Lunch will be provided on the day. We recommend you bring extra snacks and drinks to have during your shift as some of the roles are in remote areas.
- Q. Will I be reimbursed for any expenses on the day, like travel or parking?
A. You will need to cover the cost of any expenses you incur on the day or for training – accommodation or travel, for example. We recommend that you volunteer for a role in a local location to reduce costs.
- Q. Will I be provided with a uniform?
A. You will be provided with a t-shirt and cap for the event. You will be asked to let us know your T-shirt size when you register to volunteer.
If you have any other questions which are not covered here get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org