Watch the Tour de France at the 2018 Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show
12 Jul 2018, 12:30 p.m.
A Tour de France Fan Zone and a behind-the-scenes look into a professional cycling team are just some of the exciting new additions to this year’s Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show making it a must-see event for any bike fan.
Anyone riding the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 or Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 sportives must collect their ride packs from the Cycling Show at London’s ExCel Centre which runs from Thursday 26 July until Saturday 28 July.
But this year’s Cycling Show is more than just somewhere to pick up a ride number: it is a treasure trove for cycling fans offering something for everyone, whether you are riding or not.
Among the highlights of this year’s Cycling Show are:
- Tour de France Fan Zone: A big screen will show live coverage of Stages 18, 19 and 20 of this year’s Tour. There will be a bar and tour-themed activities plus ample seating to watch the dramatic conclusion of the stages.
- Behind-the-scenes at Team Novo-Nordisk: A fantastic opportunity to see what makes a professional team tick as you can get up close to Team Novo-Nordisk. See the team bikes and question the riders and team management. Team Novo Nordisk is a team made up entirely of riders with Type 1 Diabetes and their aim is inspire, educate and empower people affected by diabetes.
- On-stage speakers: Every day there will be guest speakers on the Centre Stage at the Cycling Show. Among those scheduled to talk are: double Olympic gold medallist rower Heather Stanning, author Bryony Gordon, BBC Breakfast’s Louise Minchin, Olympic champions Sally Gunnell and Kelly Holmes plus England rugby’s World Cup-winning captain Martin Johnson.
- Tips from an Olympic gold medal winner: Professional cyclist Dani Rowe (nee King), gold medallist from London 2012, and her husband Matt Rowe will headline a series of training talks by Zwift, Official Training Partner, on the Main Stage. Zwift will also host live group workouts in the Tour de France area.
- Mind Cycle Tour challenge: Rob Stephenson will be cycling the length of this year’s Tour de France each day and he will be doing the final three stages at the Cycling Show to raise money for MQ Mental Health. You can join him for sections of the route. See full story here
- SRAM Tech Talks: maintaining your bike at home as well as dealing with any mechanical issues while out riding is daunting for many so our sponsor SRAM will be delivering daily tech talks on their stand as well as full demonstrations on the Main Stage. Visitors will be able to learn some new skills to take away and to use on the ride.
- Bike Maintenance Area: Riders taking part in any aspect of Prudential RideLondon can get their bikes serviced in a new Bike Maintenance Area while they enjoy the Show. 20-minute slots are available to book via the buttons below:
- Cannondale ‘world’s fastest bike’ reveal: Cannondale will reveal their new aero road bike, the SystemSix, for the first time to the general public; it is described as the fastest road bike in the world.
There will also be a chance to buy the official event cycling kit by Evans, sample free products from our sponsors Clif Bar and nuun hydration and all participants will receive a free water bottle from title sponsor Prudential. There is also a host of independent cycling retailers and exhibitors.
The Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show is free to enter and will be at the ExCel Centre, London (E16 1XL), from Thursday 26 July to Saturday 28 July.
The opening times are:
- Thursday 26 July: 10:00-20:00
- Friday 27 July: 10:00-20:00
- Saturday 28 July: 09:00-17:00