Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Rider Info
Congratulations to all the riders who completed the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100. We hope you had an enjoyable Ride Day.
The ballot for a chance to ride in the 2020 edition of the sportive on Sunday 16 August is now open.
Find your time from the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 on our Rider Times page.
Your event photos
Check out Sportograf's photos of your ride now. Photos are available from just £26.99.
Final Instructions for participants in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 will be emailed to all riders and are available to view below.
Please note: the Final Instructions currently contain information related to the 2019 event and are subject to change for 2020.
The Final Instructions tell you everything you need to know to have a trouble-free Ride Day, but please find below some key information to help you plan for the event.
All participants must register and collect their rider documents at the Prudential RideLondon Cycling Show at ExCeL London before Ride Day.
You will receive a confirmation email containing your QR code which you will need to bring with you to the Cycling Show, along with photographic identification, such as a passport or driving licence, in order to collect your Rider Pack.
More information about Registration – and what to do if you can't attend the Cycling Show – will be available in your confirmation email and event Final Instructions.
Getting to the Start
The Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 riders will set off in waves from 05:45 on Ride Day. Participants will be notified of their start time by email, and in the event Final Instructions (subject to change for 2020).
The route of the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 offers a perfect, traffic-free ride for a range of cycling abilities.
The first and last riders in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 are expected to reach each location at the times listed below.
Please note: the 'Last Riders' column below does not indicate cut-off times for riders. Cut-off times are listed in your Final Instructions.
|LOCATION||MILE||FIRST RIDERS||LAST RIDERS|
|Start – Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park||0||05:45||08:55|
|Finish – The Mall||100||09:35||17:25|
You must use a roadworthy and permitted bicycle in the sportive. See below for more details of which bikes are permitted and not permitted.
The following cycles are permitted in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100:
- e-bikes: only those cycles that comply with current UK/EU legal requirements for 'electrically assisted pedal cycles' (EAPCs) are permitted in the sportive.
EAPCs still require the rider to pedal and the electric motor, with a maximum power of 250 watts, cannot provide assistance when travelling at more than 25 km/h (15.5mph). Participants using e-bikes must still meet the age requirements for entering the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19 (12 years old and above).
- Single-speed (both fixed and freewheel) bicycles are allowed as long as they have suitable brakes.
- Mountain bikes are allowed – although please use slick tyres to conserve energy.
- There will be 100 tandems and 50 tricycles allowed this year. Preference will be given to riders with a disability. If you are a visually impaired or disabled rider and have been accepted via the ballot, you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to process your entry.
- Only one tandem rider needs to have been successful in the ballot. Entrants with a disability will be charged – entrants where neither rider has a disability will be charged for both riders.
The following cycles are not permitted in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100:
- Fixed wheel with no brakes
- Fixed wheel with only a front brake
- Any bicycle with only one brake
- Penny Farthings
- Towed trailers
- Child carriers
- Tag-a-long trailers bicycles
- Trailer bicycles
- Cargo bicycles
- Specialist time-trial bicycles are not allowed as they do not allow for immediate control of the bicycle.
- Recumbents with full fairing
- Stride driven or stand up machines such as elliptical cycles
- Any bicycle without 360° rider visibility
- Unconventional handlebars (including triathlon bars, aero bars, clip-ons, prayer bars, Spinaci bars and cow bars) are not allowed.
- Handlebars without bar-end plugs are not permitted.
If you secured a ballot place in the Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 and need to withdraw, please read our Deferred Entry information for more details.